Bought mine over the internet, couple of phone calls and it was delivered to my
driveway - piece of pie. Here is one the photos provided. Got some Japanese history and
the Auction Grading Sheet (Grade 4 - woohoo!). It is number 663 of only 871 ever built
with Active Suspension and 4 wheel steering.
Lexus Supercharged V8's Bullet Lexus
Supercharged V8 in MX5 and 2000 hp 1UZ-FE
Cleaning Fixing brown headlights filled with water.
links to oil stuff and the results of my V8 oil analysis
exhaust This is a 3 page colour pdf file (119 k)
Twin Turbo Stuff
Replacing Soarer ceramic tubos with Starlet steel ones.
Soarer V8 Ram Air Intake On going saga of
testing and building proto-types. Latest is 50% larger intake using injected foam.
Soarer Automatic Transmission
Fluid There is only one Trans Fluid for a Soarer and it ain't no Dexron.
Soarer Rear Muffler Replacement Stainless
steel straight through rear muffler over the counter for $179
V8 Exhaust Measurements Pressure loss and mass of the standard V8 exhaust
Soarer V8 Exhaust sounds V8 Soarer gets louder as
you remove the exhaust components - listen here.
Hot List (and some harsh reviews!)
- Lexus Australia Owner's Register
- Some good stuff here including contacts for other Australian owners. I am number 264.
- Club Lexus
- Steve's Soarer Info
- No nonsense tech site - Warning messages, Diagnostic screens, removing trim, headlight
clean, cruise delimiter etc.
- Rand's Soarer Site
- Plenty of pictures including Rand's V8. Rand is also the Surfer King, he has found all
sorts of stuff on the web regarding the Soarer
- Check out Todd's 12.30 sec Soarer V8. Standard except for NOS. Todd is also the guy to
get Lexus badges from if you feel the need.
- If you need to get someone to fix your V8 now then this is where
you go. Don't forget to read the FAQ. Top Speed delimiter available.
- Supra MkIV tech articles
- A lot of this stuff is applicable for all cars - give it a read for sure.
- Magazine site. This place is an absolute breath of fresh air. So much free stuff and
real cheap. An absolute must. I have waded through so much rubbish, one sided
advertisments, endured countless re-telling of myths - especially performance myths - and
read brainwashed lemming's opinions of over the counter "performance" products,
that I was beginning to think that no-one could independently think for themselves.
Gullibles' who read the side panel of a "performance" product and then start
sprouting it's virtues from a postion of expert authority. If you have had enough of this
sort of stuff then AutoSpeed is for you.
- Zoom and High
Performance Import Magazines
- I reckon these magazines are pretty good too. This is where you go to order back copies
etc. I have referred to specific issues and Soarer articles elsewhere here - so if you
want your own copy this is where to start looking. Sometimes it is best to ring 1800 801 647 to see if they have your copy in stock - the entire list is not on the website
either. Grab a copy from the newsagent for little pictures of past issues.
Got any links, ideas, questions, information? e-mail me. I am especially interested in
experiments/investigations relating to Soarer performance.
Adelaide, South Australia
Electronic mail address
Last revised: August 26 2001